3.29.2008

I'll pass on the Chiclet. Just give me a breath mint.

“I might rename myself Chicklet and introduce myself saying, ‘Hi, I am a chick, my name is Chicklet. Would you like to chew me?”
-Bobby Darling on what her new name might be after a sex-change operation.
OK, she's kidding...isn't she? Well one thing for sure is that Bobby Darling is outrageous. And whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is yet undecided. As one of the most well-known, openly queer personalities in India, she sure has a got a heck of a load on her shoulders. While LGBT activists begin to attack Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code, do you think Ms. Darling's celebrity will help or hurt the cause? On one hand, she is unafraid to live her life the way she wants to, and that is most definitely something to be proud of. On the other hand, well... how much of a negative influence will silly comments like these have on the general population?

My dream role is to play a prostitute...

Shying away from supporting gays

No comments: